Big news from NYC via the land down under...Kylie Minogue made a verifable SPLASH in the city on Friday. Lame punner, but 'tis true that Ms. Minogue stopped by the night club to preview tracks from her upcoming eleventh (11th!) studio album, Aphrodite. Our pals at MuuMuse and Hard Candy Music braved the humidity of a hot and sweaty spot to check her out. (View their take on the evening's festivities here and here, respectively.)
Apparently, new song, Get Outta My Way, is the jam to get up while you're getting down. And while I was unable to attend the performance, this morning I got the biggest, baddest, beastiest treat in my inbox, and can concur that yes indeed, this track will have all the boys, girls, aliens, robots, moms and pops bouncing their booties like there's no tomorrow.
And if you want to hear more songs from Aphrodite, then let this Beast be your path to the promised land. We've got a minimix of six album cuts, as follows.
1. Get Outta My Way (Cutfather/Lucas Seacon / Stuart Price)
2. Cupid Boy (Sebastian Ingrosso / Magnus Lidehall / Luciana)
3. Too Much (Jake Shears / Calvin Harris)
4. Can’t Beat The Feeling (Pascal Gabriel, Borge Fjordheim)
5. Put Your Hands Up (Starsmith / Stuart Price)
6. Aphrodite (Nerina Pallot / Andy Chatterley / Stuart Price)
All hail the goddess of love, beauty and sexuality.